This articles details on how teachers can share documents with substitute teachers.
Where to Start
There are 2 options to share files with sub.
Option 1 – when teacher knows who will be subbing for them ahead of time
Teacher shares classroom materials and plans with sub via Google Drive
- Go to your Google Drive.
- Create a new folder or file for your substitute.
- Right click on Folder or File
- Select ‘Share’ and enter the email address of the sub.
- Set Comment, Edit or just View rights
Option 2 – When teacher does not know who will be subbing for them
Teacher shares classroom materials and plans in building network share
- On Windows computers go to Computer
- On Macbook go to the Storage folder on your desktop
- Open BldgShare (on Windows)
- Open BldgShare (on Mac)
- Open your location and copy documents into the correct folder
- If the teacher cannot access the network share, they can share to the building tech para and/or media specialist as an option
- Building tech para and/or media specialist transfers what teacher shared to sub’s google drive