This article will outline how to obtain a 284Guest WiFi account.
WHERE TO START:
Before a 284Guest WiFi account will be created, users must be aware of the following:
- Effective immediately, guest wireless, and wired users, are strictly prohibited from processing credit card transactions on the district wireless network.
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security protocols designed to ensure that ALL organizations that accept, process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. The PCI DSS applies to ANY organization, regardless of size or number of transactions, that accepts, transmits or stores any cardholder data, including the Wayzata Public Schools. If this credit card information were transmitted over the WPS district network, it would leave the district liable for security breaches or disclosure of financial information that is beyond our scope and control.
- Private guest computing devices such as laptops, cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices are not held to the same PCI and WPS cybersecurity standards. Since the security of these devices cannot be determined, they will not be permitted to process credit card transactions via the Wayzata Public Schools network. WPS enterprise wireless security has been configured to block credit card transactions on the guest wireless network.
- Guest wireless accounts are only created for visiting speakers, contractors, etc...
- Guest wireless accounts need to be requested by building secretaries, technology paras, or administrators.
To request a 284Guest WiFi account access:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Items needed to be included in the email are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Reason for visit
- Start date for WiFi access
- End date for WiFi access
- Help Desk will create the account and contact the user with their login credentials