How to Set a Default Application in Windows
This article will explain 2 different methods to set an application as default in the Windows operating system
WHERE TO START:
- Right-click the file you want to change the default application for
- Hover your cursor over "Open With"
- Click "Choose another app"
- Select your preferred application and make sure the box is checked to "Always Use This App"
- Click "OK. The new default is now set.
- Click the Search icon next to the Start Menu
- Type "Default"
- Click the option for "Default Programs"
- You can set the most common defaults on the main screen by left clicking them and choosing the appropriate application
- If you don't see the app you want to use, select the option "Set defaults by app" at the bottom of the window.
- Click the program you want to set as the default
- Select the option "Set this program as default"